I am sick and tired of deleting fake, annoying email rumors that stupid ignorant people blindly forward to others. Some moron with a big imagination writes some dumb email that makes no sense at all if read carefully. Other morons believe and chain-forward it to everyone. Save yourself some time – don’t forward me your crap. Also save me time from deleting it, getting enraged, raising my blood pressure and
PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG ALL YOUR CONTACTS:
Be alert during the next few days: Don’t open any message with an attached file called “Invitation”, regardless of who sent it. It’s a virus that opens an Olympic Torch that “burns” the whole hard disk of your computer. This virus will come from someone who has your e-mail address; that’s why you should send this e-mail to all your contacts. It’s better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus
DON’T open it and shut down your computer immediately … This is the worst virus announced by CNN, it’s been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. The virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there’s no repair yet for this particular virus. It simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disk, where vital information is kept.
Also:- Emails with pictures of Osama Bin-Laden hanged are being sent and the moment you open these emails your computer will crash and you will not be able to fix it! This e-mail is being distributed through countries around the globe. Don’t be inconsiderate; send this warning to whomever you know. If you get an email along the lines of “Osama Bin Laden Captured” or “Osama Hanged” don’t open the attachment.
SEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW”
1) CNN doesn’t know anything about any virus
2) Does it literally “burn” your disk? What does it do, set it on fire or something?
3) Microsoft doesn’t classify viruses
4) it wasn’t discovered by McAffee yesterday because I have been getting this email for 3 weeks, and it’s been around since 2001.
5) “It’s better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus” No it’s better to shut the f*** up and stop spamming my inbox.
6) “Don’t open it and shut down your computer immediately” Oh no! I got an email. Looks like i have to turn my computer off now. because even if i didn’t open it, the email told me to shut down my computer. Go kill yourself.
7) What the hell is sector Zero? I’d say it’s…… Nothing! It’s made up bullshit.
8) “the moment you open these emails your computer will crash and you will not be able to fix it!” Simply opening an email will not suddenly crash your computer. An email is a text or html rendered message. If you download an attachment and run it, you could get a virus, but by opening an email, nothing will happen.
9) Anyone who believes this needs to have their computer smashed over their ignorant skull.
10) I’m even more disturbed that the Chief engineer for some company sent this out to all employees. Chief engineer of “spread fake nonsense around”
11) The message itself is a “social” virus, because it is spreading by ignorant people.
EDIT: I tagged this post as malware, because it represents a human social stupidity virus. It’s bad for me to read and enrages me. So it’s malware.
Please refer back to my other rand on the same thing: http://portfolioso.com/2005/08/31/ignorant-people-2/