So when I upgraded my WordPress theme a while ago, I forgot that I broke the random quote generator on the top of this blog. It’s fixed now. PS – it doensn’t work on the mobile edition.
Month: November 2010
What the hell is this world coming to? fake.com is a real domain name? Who’d’a thunk? Seriously, I walked into work this morning, read this email and went hysterical laughing for like 15 minutes. Surly this cannot be serious. These jokers actually contacted us because we were “spamming them” Wah wah wah…
This domain must get spammed to shit. Everyone and their mother makes up absolutely false email addresses such as [email protected] when signing up for stupid crap. Who hasn’t? Why don’t you fools get a real domain name next time? Fake landscaping. Can’t be legit.
Gawker – The dutch city of Alphen aan den Rijn commissioned the study five years ago to figure out why their city’s trees were developing weird growths, according to PC World. The study, conducted by a researcher at Wageningen University, found that 70 percent of trees in urban areas exhibited similar symptoms today, while only 10 percent did five years ago. What’s to blame for the increase? Wi-Fi, maybe.
This has to be the dumbest study in the history of scientific studies. WiFi is causing abnormal growths on trees? Please! I’m pretty sure WiFi existed in 2005. Ever think that maybe trees in urban areas are also exposed to smoke, soot, pollution, acid rain and noise? Hmm, maybe that’s it. WiFi is a radio wave. It’s non ionizing and has a long wavelength. It’s no different than radio stations really. It’s not like WiFi is giving off intense high frequency xrays or gamma rays that destroy cells. They should make me a scientist who studies this crap. I’ll put them right.
Pet peeves about fuckin annoying people on the trains:
- Lower your fucking iPod – It’s like 8AM, I’m half asleep. If I’m across the train, I don’t want to hear your treble. It pisses me off.
- Get your fucking hands off me – The god damn subway poles: stop touching me with your filthy snot covered hand. There’s enough room for everyone to grab a different part of it, why must your hand attach to mine like a magnet. I wanted to punch this guy in the face today.
- Blow your fucking nose – You know how friggin annoying it is to hear sniffling and snorting the whole way home? Also, get away from me you sick fuck, I don’t want your virus.
- Don’t crowd me, bro – Today I wanted to murder this fucktard. I grab a window seat in a two seater. There is a three seater across from me with one person by the window. This waste of life comes over and sits right up my ass, when there is clearly a three seats across the way with a gap between the next person.
- Get off the phone – No one gives a shit and wants to hear what you have to say so shut the fuck up, you’re disturbing the quiet.
I’m sure there’s a lot more, but that’s most of them.
And it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. In case you don’t know what that means, I pretty much hacked it to be able to access some system level commands that normally wouldn’t fly. Here are some things I can do that you can’t:
- Delete the shutter sound on the camera so I can creep more (j/k)
- Wifi tether – This is the best. I can now make a wireless hotspot using 3G. F off Verizon for blocking this because I got it anyway
- Titanum Backup – Can backup any app/ app data and restore it
- SetCPU – The Droid has a 600 mhz processor in it. Verizon underclocked it to 550. F that. I can now OC it to 800mhz. I have it running at 600 though, and 250 when the screen is off to save battery. It’s legit
- Screenshot – I can take screenshots by shaking my phone
- Ad blocker – I am able to write a hosts file to block admob and all the stupid shit
- Delete those stupid fucking Verizon apps they don’t let you get rid of (Amazon Mp3 and Visual Voicemail)
- Rom Manager. Can use custom roms
- Quick Reboot widget
Droid = much more win now